Rotary Won't Trun

I just got new LS1416 Boss. Everything works except the rotary. Laser fires but rotary doesn’t turn. I have rotary setup as Boss says. Rotary is enabled. If I send the same file with rotary disabled it does work (but is distorted on the tumbler) so I know the y axis is working. Any help would be appreciate. Ive spent hours on phone with tech support and no luck

Which Ruida do you have…?

I have no clue as to the rotary type you are using… a link is always good.

I don’t know how Boss says to do it… A link or a description of what ‘setup’ means in this context.

How are you attaching the rotary to the machine… I assume via the Y axes?

This isn’t tough, but it’s more difficult when I don’t know what machine I’m advising about.

This link may help you ensure the steps/rotation are correct…

Give us some more clues and we can probably help you out…

:smile_cat:

I have Ruida 6445S. Here is pic of my settings. Yes, I am running off the Y axis. Thank you for trying to help…its been a frustrating few days. If you need any other info let me know.

I uploaded couple pics of my settings and its a Ruida 6445S running off Y axis. Thank you for trying to help

Do you know what firmware version your controller is running? You can check by going to ‘Edit’ > ‘Get Controller Info’ in Lightburn. You may need to change your controller’s firmware version to V26.01.16 for Y axis rotary use.

Here is my firmware. How do I install the updated firmware? Just click on the link?

At this point, I would set it up properly then look for other issues rather than messing with firmware. I only upgrade it when I have a problem and it’s the known issue.

The basic setup has to be correct for anything to work no matter what firmware.

How did you come by the steps/rotation?

What is the gear ratio between the motor and the driving wheel?

How does the posted setup compare to the ‘boss’ one you followed.

:smile_cat:

firmware fixed it. thanks for the help

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.