Rotory set up, preview not working correctly?

Sculpfun 20w diode
Sculpfun Rotory

Followed the directions on how to set up the Rotory. Everything went fine super easy.

After making my file (used text and tried a picture)
When I click on preview in LB it shows the path as using normal x and y.

I’ve tried restarting LB , my laser, turning off and on the laser, re setting up the Rotory.

I tried running the laser anyways just to see and it left little lines.

Any ideas?

I didn’t really get the problem. The preview won’t show any difference than usual. There is no difference in using a rotary or plane lasering.

When I watch videos it shows the laser moving in the X axis only on the preview.

When it’s moving on my preview it’s showing the laser moving on the x and y.

Example if I have letters it shows it on the preview doing each letter 1 at a time. When videos I watch it does all the letters at once on the X axis only. If that makes since

You have a fundamental misunderstanding here. The head travels on the x-axis only, but the rotary IS the y-axis and does turn instead of the head. So there is no difference between normal operation and rotary from the LightBurn perspective. You will see the same preview in both cases. The only difference is, which physical axis is used.
I know this can be difficult to imagine in the beginning, but once you get used to it, things get clearer :slight_smile:

I understand what your saying. I just figured it would do the bottom of every letter not 1 letter at a time. Like in a plane.

Maybe I’ll play with it and his go lol

May I ask, what were you expecting the preview to display, one line?

Just curious…

:smile_cat:

When I look on YouTube and they show the preview the laser travels the x axes and lasers turn on at each letter. Y rotates the Rotory and the laser goes back across lasering each letter and so on. Mine just shows the laser head traveling the y and x doing each letter separate. Wish I could take a video.

I think you are talking about the fill modes here. Select “fill all shapes at once” in layer settings, then LightBurn won’t do letter by letter but go over the full text at once. This is also recommended for rotaries.

Thank you, I never seen a video (or don’t listen haha) that said that but I’ll defiantly try it. Ty

I have both a chuck rotary (came with fiber machine) and a PiBurn wheel/roller type rotary.

I always use the scan option with the wheeled rotary… if I want a vector engraving, I’ll use the chuck, if it fits. I use which ever I deem best for the operation, be it fiber or co2.

:smile_cat: