Rubber stamp troubles

Hello,

I am having trouble creating a proper rubber stamp. Any text less than 10pt, especially 6-7-8pt text, comes out as a thin rubber line instead of a flat area where ink can be deposited. I am uploading 3 screenshots, 2 of them are the settings that I used and the third one is the text that I am trying to engrave onto the rubber.

I have tried speeds from 85-250 mm/s and power % from 30-70 and found that 85-100mm/s and 15-35/40% produced the best results so far. I am using a 1.5" meniscus lens, my tube is 50ish W. I have found and set my machine at the optimum focus point.

My workflow is as follows: design is created (vector) in Corel Draw > Published to PDF > Imported into Lighburn. The only thing I am unsure of is if it’s better to export my design as raster (e.g. JPEG) instead of vector or if my LPI setting is the best one I can pick.

How can I make the text come out as a flat area instead of a thin line? I’m pretty sure the solution is related to how lightburn instructs the machine to engrave the rubber, so I must be using a wrong setting for something.

Thank you in advance. I will try to post a picture of the rubber stamp that is made later today. Happy holidays.

Τhis is the end result. All of the letters are thin lines.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.