Ruida 6442 install issues STILL

Morn MT-L960 80w with a Ruida RDLc320-a controller that failed. Replacement is a Ruida 6442

I am still havin issues with homing with this NEW 6442 controller. Thanks to all for the help suggestions from the previous posts about this install My control panel is in English now. I have watched Matts videos (14), read the LB doc’s and completed the tests etc down loaded the 6442 manual downloaded the manual for the old controller. I have contacted the Cloud Ray for help … No Joy. I contacted the Morn (my Machine) vender. We were supposed to have a chat today at 9 am, he shined me on again, so no Joy.

MY issue is still homing. The best results I can get is when I reset (after a write) or power on my machine heads to the back right and CRASHES… It will crash in both X & Y. Power Off. I move the head manually back to center. Power on again and trip the X & Y limit switches (light does come on) machine stops and adjusts position a little and is good to go. The machine thinks it is home ??? How & Why?? The limit switches seem to work with a manual trip but not with the head or gantry. It worked before all this. I changed the X hardware for the limit contact, again no joy. Confusion has taken over now. After weeks of messin with this machine I have NO clue what else to try. If the venders don’t respond we are really left out in the cold. I need some help please …

Coming at this from an outsider’s perspective… if you are able to trip the switches manually during the homing cycle and the controller thinks that it’s in home position then the switches themselves are working.

However, you’re saying the laser head movement itself doesn’t trip the limit switches during homing. I would think there’s something physically not aligned to where the switches are getting actuated. Are these optical or mechanical limit switches?

If you manually move the laser head into position can you see the limit switches activate in diagnostic mode? If not, that means something is not physically where it needs to be. To check, temporarily attach something that would definitely activate the switches and see if this works. If so, then it’s just a matter of sorting out the physical location of things.

I can move the head and see the light come on with the installed hardware, it just does not activate the switch / software maybe??

If the light comes on doesn’t that mean the switch has been actuated?

What is the head doing differently than when you manually activate the switch?

I can not see any diff with the head setting off the limit switch or me doing it with a screwdriver …
I just don’t know any more.

I give up!!
The next thing to do is to take this 6442 out and put my 630 back in to see if it will home as it did before.
If it does then the 6442 and the trocen are just not compatible with this machine. I gottta try this.
I will post in a couple days …

Is it possible that the head can activate the switches but it has to travel just far in where it’s touching the sides before it fully activates?

I suggest trying to attach something that triggers the switches earlier to see if it will work with the additional buffer.

Let us know how you fare.

done that with many things but no joy but manually still works ??
The head does turn on the light each and every time, and still bounces tryin to set the switch…
I am going to try again today

Is the head in motion when you trigger the stops? I’m trying to determine how you’re doing this that would be different than the head triggering it.

So the issue is not about triggering the switches, is that correct? It’s that the head continues to keep moving after the switch is triggered? Is this true for both axes?

What happens when the head crashes into the wall? Does it keep trying to push against the wall until a power down or is it a one and done?

Yes the head keeps moving, I have to power off or ESC to stop it. Once stopped I can use the keypad to move the head. If I use the keypad for X or Y you can see the light come on, but it still bounces …
When I get the head to stop with ESC I have checked location #s and it is X:99999 Y:99999.
But if I do it manually, the machine will zero out. X:00000 Y:00000. and think it is home. When I do this manually the head does stop, But after a couple seconds it moves X and Y some then stops and thinks it is home. X:00000 Y;00000 It does move more Y than X and it is VERY slow to do that.

I found it!!! Turns out the old controller and new controller have the wires reversed on the limit switches
I traded x for y wire (Black & Black) and that fixed the homing thing. Works great. The next thing to fis is the loose gantry, with so many crashes it is not exactly square any more.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.