Ruida 6442 Stepper motor parameters Z axis U axis

Your step length is set too long. 10x too long in fact. You may not be able to reduce it to 0.3938µm. Some (all?) controllers won’t allow you to set the step length below 1µm. I had to reduce the micro-stepping on the stepper motor driver and then recalibrate the z-axis on my machine.

1 Like

Once you get the step length set properly, the speed set to 100 will likely be a problem as well - Z tables usually have single-start leadscrews on them, so they don’t move very fast. I’d be quite impressed if you could move your Z table at even 50mm/sec without skipping steps.

I changed it to .394 and it works as expected except now the Z focus speed is REEEEALLY slow. Any way to adjust that ? And thank you.

50 ? !! Try 11 : ) Anything greater misses steps. But now the focus speed is 1/10 the original. Any adjustment for that? And makes an odd rumble at the end of the focus operation.
Thanks

There will be a speed setting and an acceleration setting for the z axis. A little experimentation with those values will get you sorted.

Well I multiplied everything to do with speed by 10 but to no effect. Still slow.