Ruida 6442G or KT332

Hi. has just now at the time of writing bought an Omtech 80w laser from amazon … the one I bought has the controller ruida 6442G. BUT now realized that for the same price they have a similar machine with the controller KT332. the latter has several more buttons on the controller, I have a hard time finding what the differences are between 6442G and KT332. do both work equally against lightburn? should I canel my order with 6442G and buy KT332. is there any page on the internet where you can see the differences between the different controls?

I just got my machine with this controller and it works very well with LightBurn. But beware it must be a KT332N !!, without N - no LAN connection.
You can see my thread My new OMT-CO2 Laser Machine, there is also a bit written about this controller.

I’m planning on swapping out my KT332n for a different controller.

May I ask why?

Small issues mostly with rotary. I’m 95% happy with it. With the rotary it doesn’t always go back to the starting place when framing the project.

Aha, ok, I have no plans to acquire a rotary unit, so there should be nothing I should be afraid of.
I’m aware that this controller is a “cheap” version of the real Ruida, but as far as I can see mine also has the option of Z axis support and runs otherwise very soft and fine. There is a lack of function diodes, it’s a bit sad, but I can easily live with (without) it.

the question is whether I should cancel my order on 6442G. and order KT332 instead. i do not know how many minutes / days I have before they send out my order. and thansk for the information on the N for Ethernet

If it were me I’d stick with the 6442

2 Likes

Stick with the 6442…

:smiley_cat:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.