Ruida 6445G Rotary not changing steps issue

Hi all, I am trying to set up my laser to easily transition between rotary and y axis.

I currently have it setup with a switch and relay to switch the y axis stepper to the rotary plug to easily swap over the y axis motor at a flick of a switch.

The issue is in LB if i use the steps per revolution and change that to no matter what value it doesnt change the y axis steps even when enabled.

The way i have been currently doing it is changing the steps per revolution in the vendor settings and saving that for all different diameter pieces then loading that file and writing to the ruida controller when i am using them.

I have read various things saying it could be firmware among others but my version of firmware seems to be higher than the current available ( Mine- 15.01.27 latest i can find is 15.01.22)

SO im not sure what to do now and i dont like my solution of writing vendor settings everytime i want to use the rotary plus it means i have to have a new setting for every diameter glass saved which is time consuming to work out

Thanks in advance!

Hello, first things first, are you using a rotator sold by your supplier or from another brand?
I say this because I have a Ruida 6445S machine and an Ortur brand rotator the YRC. And for this I had to put a Driver Tb6600 driver, to configure the fixed steps per rotation, which depends on each motor and each driver.

And secondly, ask yourself if it is correctly configured in Lightburn, if it is a mandrel or roller type, and if you change the diameter in the Lightburn configuration to the correct one for that object to be recorded, this will calculate the necessary steps so that everything is proportionate. .

PS: I’m using google translate

With a wheel (roller) rotary, once setup, it should not have to change.

With a chuck, you should only have to change the object diameter.

This is the proper setup…

I have different configuration files for the chuck and wheel types. With the wheel types only acceleration and speed in the controller are changed.

Have any questions, sing out

:smile_cat:

I know how to set it up the issue is more the software has the rotary axis feature to change steps and set up chuck or roller but with this enabled it doesn’t change y axis steps at all it has no effect on the y axis whatsoever in fact when the rotary is enabled it cuts the y axis off all together when starting a file but even through moves or the test button the steps haven’t changed i suspect that when rotary is enabled its sending it to the U axis on my controller so i’ll set up a new driver for that today and see if that’s what is happening its just annoying as id like to make use of the enable rotary function and change diameter with the chuck etc easily rather than have different configuration files for each different diameter piece

I miss understood you… sorry … I have a 6442 and the u axes is not an option for a rotary…

Maybe @rick can lend us a hand on what may be happening here…

Hang in there

:smile_cat:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.