Ruida control disconnected

I can’t get my laser to connect with an Ethernet cable, it just says disconnected no matter what I do.

Here are pics of all my stuff.

Have you gone through the procedure here?

Looks like you’re getting off rails on step 2.

2 Likes

I will second the set up, Ruida controllers are not DHCP. The default I believe is 192.168.1.100, if that is already occupied on your network, or you have different sub nets, you will need to go into the controller programming and change it accordingly.

Default on my controller is 10.0.3.3 :crazy_face:

:smiley_cat:

Wow, that’s a new one on a default address.

Most times they are 192.168.0.XXX or 192.168.1.XXX. Al lot of people changing them only change the last set. I change the third set as well just because I’ve lived in places with other sub networks around and got in the habit.

I believe they call them ‘octets’, each is 8 bits…

Mine came with that 10.0.3.3 as a default. I changed it to be on the local net until I got the Raspberry Pi loaded and running. Now it’s on a different net. The bummer is I can’t use the phone app to control it through the Pi bridge.

Not that familiar with that, but I should think that there is an address problem somewhere. If everything is on the same network it should communicate.

The only thing would be if two devices are locked into two different network schemes and expect everybody else to change to their liking. You could always check for my most un-favorite fat finger problem, hitting the comma instead of the period when entering address.

Suggest you put the Ruida on the proper IP along with the correct gateway.

The Ruida is a static address, so if you can, either put it in your ‘static pool’ or bind it to the mac address.

Just don’t duplicate an existing address.

I use ‘arp-scan’ to give me information on the local lan.

It’s an available package…

Another package is ‘screenshot’ allows just that…

As reference you can get the same type of information in Windows as what @jkwilborn is referring to by running this command in a command prompt:
arp -a

It’s not completely reliable though and the preferred way to make sure you don’t get an IP collision later is to reserve an IP in your router.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.