Ruida Controller not found after update to 1.3.00/1.3.01

I updated to version 1.03.00 and the software was not seeing my Ruida laser. Today I updated to the v 1.03.01 and it is still not seeing my laser. Any suggestions?

I moved your post to it’s own thread because your Ruida controlled Laser is quite a bit different from the Atomstack diode laser where you posted.

How is your computer connected to the Ruida controlled laser?
When you installed the update did you install the FDTI driver during the setup?

I may be missing something, but I see that you already have a Ruida Device defined. What happens if you pull down the option to the left of where it says ‘Ruida’? This is where you select the port to connect with the laser. :slight_smile:

LightBurn will not discover the previously discovered device. I think I am seeing this device was discovered at some point. It is showing (slightly) behind the ‘Device Discovery’ window you show.

The Ruida is connected to my computer via USB. I did not install a driver as I had never needed to with other updates. Thanks

When I clicked on the Drop down for Ruida all it showed was Ruida. I removed it but is still not finding it.

I was suggesting the drop-down next to where is said Ruida.

You can add this Ruida profile back manually, using the following steps,

I tried adding it manually also with no success. Could something have happened to the driver? Not sure how I go about checking the driver.

Last page of the LightBurn installation, you will find a checkbox for the FTDI Driver.

When you first power the laser and connect it to the PC with the USB cable, do you hear a ‘Ding!’ in Windows? If not, the computer itself is not seeing the laser. Make sure the laser is powered, the cables are all plugged in to the right ports, and the cable isn’t faulty.

So after installing 13.01 several times, it was not recognizing the new installation. I attempted to reinstall the driver also. When I installed 12.04, I discovered the uninstall did not remove all the Lightburn 13.01 files, leaving the C:\program files\lightburn directory intact. I manually deleted that directory. Reinstalled 12.04 and all is working. Thank you for your assistance.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.