Ruida not listed as option in New Device Wizard

Just installed LightBurn on my Mac last night, V1.0.06.

When I go to Create Manually to add my machine, the New Device Wizard does not list Ruida like I see in the documentation. Is this a version issue or was the Ruida option renamed?

I will be connecting wirelessly via router LAN port, I can ping the Ruida controller IP address from my computer

Can you send a screenshot of what you see when trying to create the device manually? In case it’s not obvious you can scroll the list down to reveal more options.

I’m not certain but it’s possible that if you purchased the G-code license (and not DSP) that Ruida may be removed as an option. However, I had thought it would still be listed but inform the user that a DSP license was required in order to be used for Ruida.

If this is the trial key it should certainly work as there are for sure no such restrictions.

Yes I saw a few discussions on the G-code license, I don’t think that’s what I have but I am not sure.

Here is what I see:

Is there a reason why you think this? Did you get your license directly from LightBurn site or elsewhere?

From the screenshot the commonality in that list is that everything is g-code based so it does seem like all DSP controllers are omitted from that list. You could try a trial key if you wanted to prove it out.

Excellent, thanks a lot. I read elsewhere in the forms if GRBL appeared it was DSP version, but it’s working now with the trial.

Thanks for resolving

Could you post what you did that ‘solved’ the problem. It’s tough for people to fix things when the solution is buried in a bunch of posts.

Thanks

Glad you got it up…

:smile_cat:

Ruida is a DSP controller. If you have a GCode license key you’d need to upgrade it to a DSP key in order to use the Ruida. The trial version includes all supported devices, but when you purchase, the key dictates which devices you have access to.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.