Ruida RDC6442s-b(ec)

Good evening, I apologize for the long post, I hope someone will help me.
I write because there are some questions that I can not solve. I state that my 80w 60*40 co2 machine arrived with a bit of a hitch, the seller had reversed my address with another customer who is over 1000km from me, despite the fact that he had ordered a 60w and I had ordered an 80w. He got mine (80w) a week earlier and ‘unfortunately’ didn’t notice, so he opened it and started using my machine. When I got his (60w) I immediately noticed, so I contacted the seller, who realized the mistake, and contacted the other customer asked him to pack and send me mine, and me to send his (which was packed and intact)
The machine was then tossed around Italy, and since it arrived it has never worked perfectly.
I have tried several times to point this out to the seller, but he doesn’t seem to understand my complaints.
At first the right&high end switch didn’t seem to work, and after reading on this forum the pin where it should be connected, and I discovered that the wire was disconnected.
I have done tests with equal speed and power, but with air on and air off, but see no difference with the air assist.
About 3 weeks ago out of the blue the laser was not working anymore…
I wrote complaining heavily to the seller, who told me to disconnect the red wire (the first on the right) of the laser power supply. And the machine started working again… but I lost the red dot light.
I then wrote back to the seller, saying it was working now, but I was without red light. and he replied “yep, just use it without red light”.

Does anyone have a map of the connections as a controller I have a Ruida RDC6442s-b(ec)
So with calm I check everything ?
Thanks

So it’s a dual head controller, from what I can see. All of the manuals I could dig up were 6442g.

Your description and what you are ‘looking’ at is difficult to put together.

Some pictures of the electronics cabinet and so forth would help.

Assume you right/back or right/top, is that where your machine homes?

:smile_cat:

I do not know if I would be able to accept this “incident” if it happened to me, it is actually a used machine you have bought / received.
I hope everything comes to work properly for you, finally.

1 Like

Hi, my machine is right top.

The circled red is the wire the seller suggest to unplug, so laser now is on, but pointer is off

Is there any markings on the connector side of the lps to tell us where that wire was connected?

Do you have an LED on the ‘head’ or one integral to the laser tube?

If this is similar to the cloudray power supply it is the 5v output.

This doesn’t look like a ‘anet a8 marlin’ type of laser… Might want to update your profile.

You don’t really indicate where the red wire went… I assume ‘last on the right’…

So, I’m assuming it went to the 5V which is a low current 5v supply and was probably used for the pointer laser… That should have no ‘working’ effect, except no led pointer.

I don’t see where that one wire could have been a problem unless there was too much current drain. I would have thought that would have showed up sooner. There’s bound to be another 5v supply available within the machine you could use.

Generally you have to put in ‘air assist’ supporting hardware. Since I am clueless about your lasers type or specifications it is difficult to say much else.

I have to say I agree with @bernd.dk in that you have purchased a ‘used’ machine and the vendor should send you a ‘new’ one, like you paid for or cough up some money to ‘make it right’…

Good luck…

unfortunately no there is nothing written

The led it is separate mounted on the head

This does not look like an ‘anet a8 marlin’ type of laser… Might want to update your profile.

Updated profile (even though i have both co2, cnc3018 diode and co2 80w)

It doesn’t really indicate where the red wire went… I’m assuming ‘last one on the right’…

correct

So, I’m assuming it went to the 5V which is a low current 5v supply and was probably used for the laser pointer… Which shouldn’t have any ‘working’ effect except no led pointer.
at this point I think so, I will try replacing the pointer with a new one

I don’t see where that one wire could have been a problem unless there was too much current drain. I would have thought it would have shown up sooner. There’s bound to be another 5v supply available inside the car that you could use.

in fact i find it strange, but the ‘salesman’ answered me right away like that, as if he knew about the problem.

With the air on and the air off, but I don’t see any difference with air assist.

Generally you have to put in hardware to support the “air assist”. Since I’m not aware of your laser type or specs it’s hard to say much else.

I ordered the cloud ray kit. Since at the moment the compressor is always on, and the seller despite my constant requests can’t give me an explanation-

I have to say that I agree with @bernd.dk in the sense that you bought a ‘used’ machine and the seller should send you a ‘new’ one, as you paid for it or spit out some money to ‘get it right’…

At this point unfortunately that’s what happened. we were in the midst of a pandemic and I was given a good price, I waited 3 months to get it by paying it up front, and seeing how that went I didn’t trust myself to send it back, running the risk of never seeing it again.

I’ll look for a diagram for that and calmly check all the wiring.

You do not have air assist installed. Looking at your pictures the upper left connector with status, wind is where it would be wired to. You probably just have a pump and constant air all the time. The red wire probably goes to the pointer. Open up the chain a bit and see if the wire matches.

Thanks for the info on the air assist, at least now I know I was right to order the cloudray kit.
For the red wire, I’ll try tomorrow. Thanks again for the help
I know we are far away, but if you are in Italy, I would be happy to host you in my restaurant!

2 Likes

I might need to make a trip and check it out :+1:

okk, come and visit me
www.locandaveneta.it

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.