Ruida RDC6445G Keeps Restting anytime I send a job

New Here and relatively new to Lightburn. My Boss HP3650 had an older Ruida controller and I just installed a newer Ruida that I had purchased for a different laser build I was doing that I never got around to. I got everything working except now when I send a job, it will pause then the controller resets sending the laser back to the home position, it does return to the origin but never does anything. It will pulse, it will even frame the job but will not start the job. Chiller circuit is good (otherwise wouldn’t let me pulse). Any ideas. Thanks!

Check if there are any files on the controller. Try clearing all files to see if that resolves it.

Alternatively, try transferring files via udisk to see if you get different behavior.

If it continues to fail under those conditions I’d suggest confirming that the power supply is working reliably. If that checks out good then it’s entirely possible that the controller is DOA. You may want to contact the seller in that case.

Thanks for the response. I have made some progress by updating the firmware and connecting via ethernet and it is now working. The only problem now is when the job is done, it does not go back to the origin of the job, it just stops. Im also having to reset xy axis every few test cuts as the display goes to 9000x and y so none of the original origin is staying in tact

I’m not familiar with a stop in place selection. What is the setting for “Back Position” in Other User Parameters?

Is your machine homing properly? What is the reported position after homing?

I think you may need to change your power supply. Ruida recommend a 24VDC 2A supply for some controllers and 24VDC 3A for others.
If you have moved up from a 6332 or 6442 to a 6445 you really need to have a look at the power supply and make sure it’s rated for at least 3 amps.

If the supply is correct you might want to check the output voltage while it’s under load. If the voltage drops down say, 3+ volts it is cooked.

That makes sense. I just looked and the old controller PS was 1A, i swapped to the new PS at 3.2A. I’ll give it a run this evening and see what that does. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.