Ruida RMA - Remote Mobile Application

I have downloaded it from the Apple Store here it is called Ruida ACS. But how do you switch from Cantonese to English?

Hi Bernd.
You are confusing programs.
Ruida ACS - it’s a different program.

Hi Jack Wilborn,
For this application to work, you must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the laser.
The program connects directly to the ip address to the laser.

ok, then Ruida has not released it for iOS yet.

Actually, this is a commercial offering from @MuForum himself. Not something official from Ruida.

Thanks @berainlb for the info, I’ve been a little too fast. At the same time, Ruida offers a communication program in the same direction, hence this confusion.

By the way, Ruida’s wireless dongle, is it exclusive to RDWorks ?, (I’m well aware that these are 2 different things I’m talking about.)

Found this a while ago, and tried it. Forgot about it saying that had to be on the same subnet…

Too bad, would be nice…

:smiley_cat:

Yes, Ruida has their own offering for mobiles. Ruida ACS and they do have a version for iOS, I currently have it on my iPhone.

Have not tested but do not think @MuForum application will work with the LightBurn Bridge. This is not a standard Ethernet bridge, we added some magic to get things to work as we intended, so I do not think it will work when using the LightBurn Bridge.

So clearly the next move for LightBurn is to create a mobile remote control app for the Bridge. :grinning:

Oops… I have the Ruida ACS on my phone. It doesn’t appear to connect via the bridge. That’s too bad, it’d be a nice addition…

Hi Rick.
LightBurn Bridge - If I understood correctly, then this is a special converter of TCP packets into UDP packets for communicating with a laser?
The default IP address is “10.0.3.3”.
Default ports too: 40200/50200, 40207/50207 ?

The Ruida only talks in UDP, which is too bad…

We used to refer to it as a ‘messenger service’, it’s a pretty dumb protocol.

They have attempted to fix some of the issues. Not sure how and what they are handling with the Pi’s Lightburn layer but I’ve had no problems and added a camera to it also…

The Pi runs Raspbian a spinoff of one of the Linux distributions.

Check out the Lightburn documentation on building your own… I had a pi around, so now it’s been ‘re-flashed’ as a “Lightburn Bridge”… :slight_smile:

Thanks for the information, but I know all this, I read the documentation, but everything is fraught with dangers there.
To understand in more detail, I need to see the network traffic when using “Lightburn Bridge”.

• A cast of packets (*.pcapng file) using the “Wireshark” program will be enough.

Is there a file that you would like me to send and trap?

I need the following:

1. Start the program “LightBurn” → Click the “Get position” button on the “Move” tab.
  2. Run the program “Wireshark” and start listening to traffic on the desired interface.
  3. In the program “Wireshark” set the filter: (ip.src==192.168.8.103 or ip.dst==192.168.8.103)
  • Replace the IP address with your.
  1. In program “LightBurn” → Click the “Get position” button on the “Move” tab.
  2. Stop recording packets in the “Wireshark” program, save the result to a file (*.pcapng) and send.

I hope this is what you want. It’s awfully LARGE and on my Google drive.

Used src and dst IPs but it apparently talks a lot.

Hi @adammhaile.
Can you please answer a few questions about the “LightBurn Bridge” device?

1. Can you tell me on which ports I need to send packets so that they reach the laser?
  2. Will it be enough for me to send the same packets, but instead of the UDP protocol, use the TCP protocol?

P.S. → I will be glad if you can answer my questions. Thanks in advance.

@jkwilborn - Thank you very much for your help.
You helped me a lot.

Can you please do one more thing.
I need you to run one command directly on this device “LightBurn Bridge”:

sudo netstat -tulpn | grep -i ‘LISTEN’

I need to know what other open ports are listening on this device.

Hi @adammhaile,
Can you please answer to my question.

“LightBurn Bridge” use TCP port 5005 instead of UDP ports 50200/40200.

• 0x4C + 2 bytes UDP packet length + UDP packet with checksum.

I need to know, what TCP port using instead of 50207/40207 UDP ports.

Thank you.

Didn’t get any values…

pi@lightburnbridge:~/mjpg-streamer/mjpg-streamer-experimental $ sudo netstat -tulpn | grep -i ‘LISTEN’
pi@lightburnbridge:~/mjpg-streamer/mjpg-streamer-experimental $

Without ‘grep’

pi@lightburnbridge:~/mjpg-streamer/mjpg-streamer-experimental $ sudo netstat -tulpn
Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State PID/Program name
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:5005 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 447/python3
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:8080 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 27480/mjpg_streamer
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:80 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 490/python3
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:22 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 455/sshd
tcp6 0 0 :::8080 :::* LISTEN 27480/mjpg_streamer
tcp6 0 0 :::22 :::* LISTEN 455/sshd
udp 0 0 0.0.0.0:51752 0.0.0.0:* 355/avahi-daemon: r
udp 0 0 0.0.0.0:68 0.0.0.0:* 549/dhclient
udp 0 0 0.0.0.0:5353 0.0.0.0:* 355/avahi-daemon: r
udp6 0 0 :::57359 :::* 355/avahi-daemon: r
udp6 0 0 :::5353 :::* 355/avahi-daemon: r