Run GCode question - Creality Falcon 10W

Is there a way to have LB upload and execute the job from memory on the laser (GRBL [VER:1.1h.2022070601:]), rather than streaming it from the software like Run GCode (and Start) does?

I’d like to avoid failure if the USB connection is lost while running a job.

This depends. Does your laser have an offline controller with an SD card reader or USB-A port for reading from USB drive?

Assuming is a Creality Falcon 10W, SaveGcode → copy to SD card - run from there?
Unfamiliar on how to select the job on SD though.

I think Creality Falcon 10W also supports Telnet over wifi?

@Creality_Rachel

It has a TF Reader with a MicroSD card in it.

It’s likely then that it can run from SD Card.

File->Save Gcode, pick a file name and save to SD Card. Transfer card to laser and run from the available menu. Some machines may be picky about the file extension so you may need to experiment with that.

Also, if your laser has a web page that you can upload to, you may be able to avoid the SD card roundtrip.

If the Telnet over Wifi is an option as Gil has suggested, then that would avoid USB but is still a streaming method so you’d have to decide what’s important for you.

Great, thanks!!

Yes, and the laser runs the most recent file.
And the Creality Falcon has no WiFi, alas.

So it will run the “latest” xxx.nc file in sd card without any way to select through them?

I have replaced the Falcon 10 with a GRBL ESP32-based 20W unit. I was able to save the .gcode from LB and upload/run it from the web interface. Thanks again to all!

No, and as I don’t trust this date detection, I have always only one file on the card.
And yes, it is very unpractical. A little display to select a file would be so convenient for this usage!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.