Run lightburn from same computer twice

I’d like to know if I can run Lightburn twice from the same computer. I can physically run the application twice but I have two laser that run Ruida ethernet and when I send to one, I can no longer push a file to the other. Each machine has been setup as different devices on seperate IP address. Both machines have to be restarted and software as well. I tried installing the software again into another drive location but I don’t have that option during install. Hoping someone could help.

TL;DR: This is partially Ruida’s fault, and partially mine, and hopefully fixed in the next release.

Ruida’s networking model is really simple. It’s UDP only, and uses a fixed port for return messages on the PC. RDWorks only connects for the duration of your command - as soon as the interaction with the machine is over, they close the port, and re-open it (and reconnect) the next time you do something. When I started working on LightBurn, I found this need to reconnect cumbersome, and it takes some time, so I made LightBurn leave the line open. The problem with this is that since there’s only one return port, only the first instance of LightBurn can receive messages from an IP-connected Ruida controller.

The next release of LightBurn moves to temporary connections, just like RDWorks, which will solve this.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.