Run test job only without laser firing

We are new to using Lightburn, but I have experience with a Co2 laser from many years ago. One of the features the software had was to run the job as a test without actually having the laser on. We have found the preview within the software, but that is not what I am looking for. Hopefully this question makes sense, and thank you for any assistance that anyone can offer.

Sincerely,

Shawn
2 Nomads Design

Iā€™m not sure if I am reading this correctly. But if you set the laser power level to 0% then start, the job will run without laser output

Mooswuk;

Honestly, that though never crossed my mind! Duh :slight_smile:

Thank you for the slap upside the head. Certainly I am not the first person to want to do this. However, nowhere have I also never seen others do or mention this in beginner videos other than drawing a frame around their target. Seems like a lot of time is wasted in setting up jobs, but again, this grasshopper still has much to learn before the pebble can be taken from the hand! (dates my age I guess, referring to the old Kung Fu TV series).

Thanks for the reply!

Shawn

P.S. this might be a hard hobby for me for awhile because I tend to overthink thingsā€¦ A LOT! - lol

2 Likes

I remember the Kung Fu series very well, not sure if that is a good or bad thing !
This forum is very friendly packed with extremely knowledgeable people.

Have fun

1 Like

I often use this to help diagnose a weak power supply in diode lasers.

If a job cuts out at high power and full speed, reducing the laser output to zero (making the laser power draw zero) allows the engraver to literally ā€˜go through the motionsā€™ and complete the task and confirm that everything else is working if the power supply is marginal or declining.

I remember thisā€¦ there was also a later reboot.
Iā€™ll post a link for the ā€˜kids in the backā€™

reboot

I think itā€™s worth mentioning that there is a very recent reboot of the series that debuted last year.

Kung Fu (TV Series 2021ā€“ ) - IMDb

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.