Ryxon KT332N and kerf lead to exceeded bounds

Hi,
I have a 50W laser with 300x500mm cutting area. Today I tried to used there parameter “Kerf” in Lightburn 1.0.06. I set it to 0,1mm. Even if all Elements had min. 5mm space around I got the error message "frame exceeded bounds " from my machine.
After several tries I just placed a 10x10mm element at the center of the cutting area and got the same result. After setting the kerf back to 0 everything worked.
Seems to be a problem of the controller (Ryxon KT332N). Any idea how I can use the feature of light burn ? Doing it with my CAD software by “hand” would be not so nice.
thank you
Peter

This should work fine and others using Ryxon/Ruida controllers use kerf without issue.

Can you upload your .lbrn file here for review?

I have the same controller and there are none of the symptoms you describe with the kerf settings here.

Thank you for the feedback. Good to hear that maybe I am the problem and not the controller :slight_smile:
Here is one file with kerf 0.1mm which makes the trouble
FilamentBox_Teil2_V1.lbrn2 (20.6 KB)

I just tested your file and there is no error message here with me. But your box parts already have a kerfs setting before you give another 0.1 kerfs, it seems a little strange.
When playing with kerf settings I can not provoke an error message in my controller.

I don’t see anything particularly strange in the file.

Some additional clarifying questions please:

1. You listed your work area as 300x500 mm. I assume this is WxH. Yet the contents of your file looked like they should be in an area 500x300 mm. Can you confirm the 300x500 mm or was this a mixup?
  2. When do you get the “frame exceeded bounds” message? Do you get any message from LightBurn when this happens?
  3. How are you starting the job from LightBurn? Start or Send?
  4. Do you get a job preview on your laser monitor? Does it look correct there?
  5. Does the Preview in LightBurn look correct?

As far as I know your controller shouldn’t really be able to differentiate a job with a kerf from a design that had an offset applied.

This is also strange because this error message usually only occurs when overscan at too close a distance to the edges or too high speeds (and too little distance to the edges).
Do you use absolute coordinates?

You are right, sorry.
500mm in X-Axis and 300mm Y-Axis.
2/3)

• In Lightburn everything is fine. Simulation works.
  • I send the file to the laser.
  • Press the “Frame” button at the laser and get the error message ( XY Frame over size ).
  • If I press “Enter” the laser show me the frame and do not touch the end switches.
  • If I start the laser by the “Start/Pause” button on the controller I get the error message again and the laser do not start
  1. yes, and it looks good
  2. yes

As far as I know your controller shouldn’t really be able to differentiate a job with a kerf from a design that had an offset applied

So Lightburn does not send the kerf to the controller, it just send coordinates ?
But I just enable/disable kerf in Lightburn for this cut.

@bernd.dk Where do you see the kerf setting of the box ?

@bernd.dk
As far as I understood I do not use absolute coordinates.
“Current position” is used.

Yes. At least that is how it operates for g-code. Don’t know if this is somehow different for Ruida.

Can you try this with absolute coords?

That’s interesting. I also saw that there was a gap but it’s nowhere near as big as that.

@bernd.dk and @berainlb
Now I understand what kerf you mean. This parts you see are only parts of a box which do not direct fit together. There is a second file with the other sides which fits in this parts.
The laser is too small fall all parts :frowning: :slight_smile:

And the winner is: @berainlb and @bernd.dk
I used absolute coordinates and it works.

Thank you very much for your support.
Peter

I have arranged the parts so they “fit” :wink:

1 Like

I had done the same. I realize now the difference was that you’re looking at the other extreme end with the accumulated offset whereas I was only looking at the first offset.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.