S30 Pro Max laser Fire Button non operational in Lightburn

Got it. So you’re saying there’s a minimum activation threshold power required? As long as you don’t go from nothing to blind then not necessarily a huge issue.

Still no visual light on sight at 20%

G1 F100 S200
ok
ok
M3
G1 F100 S200
ok
ok

Working on that.

You’re saying this didn’t result in any visible light?

If so can you try entering these into Console one at a time:

M4
G1 F100 S30
G1 S0
M5

I recreated the device manually, same specs, same results. No visible light.

I entered too with no luck.

M4
G1 F100 S30
G1 S0
M5

Do I need to clean anything else, something that I missing?

You’re saying that the laser run normal jobs without issue but these commands are not working?

When you entered those commands did you enter them by hand one at a time?

Yes, that’s correct. The laser engraves and cuts as usual, however, the only problem is the fire button.

I entered every command some copied, some by hand. Let me do it by hand entirely.

EDITED: All of the commands were entered by hand now.

ok
M4
M4
ok
G1 F100 S30
G1 F100 S30
ok
G1 S0
G1 S0
ok
M5
M5
ok

Can you create a square in LightBurn, then set the layer power to 3%. Then run the job. Is the light visible? If so, go to File->Save Gcode, save with .txt extension and then upload file here. If it doesn’t work at 3% can you keep increasing power until you are able to see the light? Then save gcode.

Thanks for answering.

Sure thing, I can see the light even at 1%

I ran a job cutting it at 400/90.0 and it cut out the MDF with no problem.

Fire button.txt (261 Bytes)

Interesting. Can you try running these commands one at a time in Console:

M3
M8
G1 F100 S30
G1 S0
M9
M5

Are you able to see the light?

1 Like

I have to mention something, IDK if it makes sense.

The laser when cutting or engraving is blue, I recalled that the fire button was red. Maybe I’m wrong.

The approach being currently pursued would produce the same blue light for Fire button. Does your laser module also have a red crosshair?

No, it doesn’t. it’s the default laser head of the Sculpfun s30 Pro Max

Berain, you did it!

The solution was the M8 command, I guess.

It’s working now at 1%

Jesus, I own you guys a beer or coffee at least

May I know what M8 command does?

That’s wrong. The fire function just enables the laser at a very low power value. It’s the same light source as you are using for the cutting/engraving. So, I guess it was working all the time but you didn’t look at the workpiece while testing?

Impossible to my knowledge.

The M8 command enables the air assist pump. When you sent this, the air assist pump connected to the mainboard should have turned on. Nothing else. It has nothing to do with the laser power.

Ah, now I have another idea. Your air assist nozzle might have been blocked because you didn’t use the air assist before. And you couldn’t see the light because it was nearly not getting through. After turning on the AA pump, the nozzle has been cleaned.
Be sure to closely go through all the maintenance steps listed here:

1 Like

Reading.

I’d like to thank you for your help anyway. You guys rock!

EDIT

Yes, I could notice that the air assist turned on and from there, I could see the light using the Fire button.

This doesn’t seem likely since OP had been running regular jobs. I’m curious is there’s an electrical fault at play.

@MisterFulanito, does the Fire button now work by itself?

After running some jobs, I have to say that the Air Assist is not running automatically, I need to trigger it by entering the M8 command every time I restart Lightburn.

Is there any way to keep it on by default?

Make sure the air assist is set to M8 in device settings. Then you have a small switch behind every layer in the layer window, entitled “air”. If you turn that on, the air assist is turned on for that particular layer.

I’m a little confused by this because the g-code you generated included the M8 to turn on air assist.

Try running that g-code that you generated earlier. You can do this in Laser window. Does that turn on air-assist?