S9 Axes, co-ordinate configuration

Have just acquired a Sculpfun S9 configured with the Y axis expansion Kit which makes for an impractical desk setup if positioned in the default way with the controller side facing forward so I wish to rotate the frame 90 degrees anti-clockwise so the controller side is to my right when operating

My operating software will be Lightburn

My query is how best to configure the combined hardware/software setup so that not only is the origin the front facing left corner but the X and Y axes are effectively transposed so that positive X and Y are left to right and front to rear respectively, both on the machine and the landscape work area in Lightburn

I can selectively invert axes with GRBL parameter edits but short of transposing the X,Y motor connectors on the control board (discouraged by Sculpfun tech support) is there some way to do this in Lightburn so what I see on screen is what I get in operation ?

Thanks in advance and apologies if this post is not in the appropriate topic category

Here is a step-by-step guide on how to turn the laser by 90 degrees: Workspace extension kit - Diode Laser Wiki (bottom of that page)
You need to swap the motor connectors, but that is no problem at all.

Many thanks - had seen this but was not sure if the motor drive channels were safely inter-changeable

Will give it a go if others have been down this road before me with no reliability consequences

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.