Same job keeps running over and over

I have an xTool S1 that keeps repeating the same job over and over. I have run jobs from bobth Lightburn and XCS between this job but my machine always ends with the pink light showing on the start button. Pressing it starts on the past job.I’ve closed lightburn and xcs, turned off the laser for 10-20 minutes, unplugged usb, poewred off the laser and unplugged it.
I did set up virtualhere on both my laptop and a raspberry pi 3b. I rebooted the raspberry pi and laptop. This morning after laser was off all night I ran a box design and it finished and again the old job starts up.
I looked for how to clear any jobs or memory from Lightburn but can’t find info to help.
Anyone have suggestions or help for me? I’m watching videos to learn Lightburn and using the trial version (10 days now). Thank you!

This problem will be a repetition of what is in memory on the machine itself. As I don’t know the model I won’t be able to help much more than that. But it continues to search for cleaning the machine’s memory.

What type of connection, wifi or USB?
if wifi, try USB connect and send a basic 1% job see if it clears the cache of the machine

This is unlikely to be related to anything on the LightBurn side.

Try removing the TF Card from the controller and erasing any stored gcode files.

If that doesn’t work, try connecting the machine directly to the computer to remove virtualhere from the equation.

I do think this is related to my TF card. I’ll try removing any files on it. Thanks for responding

I was told there is no memory card slot on the S1… so must be chip based memory. But that should clear when powered off long enough. Not happening. Still awaiting more help from xTool support.

did you try the basics
Connect to XCS via usb
Send to the machine a simple box design 1% power
Click the button on machine so it engraves
that should clear the old cached job

This would be in direct opposition to what’s listed on xTool’s site:
Replace the TF Card of xTool S1 - xTool Support Center

Agreed, they finally sent me pictures of where to find it. Seems first tier support didn’t know this. I deleted all files except the logs on the TF card but this didn’t fix this issue. No clue where this is coming from but it’s now just trying to print the last job printed instead of old / previous files. So that changed. Thanks!

just to be certain on a f ew things, and although i dont have massive experience on Xtool a few things differen from other machines
All xtool machines save gcode in memory so if you smack the machine button they will RUN this

When in lightburn - machine uses a secundary firmware. THis does not mean the primary functions will still not work

So when you get the las tjob to run, how are you initiating the engrave, by pressing the machine button?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.