Scan offset issue or?

Help! I’m not sure what’s happening w my machine? AF-2435 80 watt. Machine, bed and laser head all level. Mirrors are aligned. Ramp test completed. Did offset scan test… adding results. Wobbly lines, slanted engravings. Pls help!

You may yet have a scanning offset issue but that’s hard to say given all the other apparent issues going on with the machine.

At a minimum you likely have a few different mechanical issues going on. I’d suggest starting with those first. Do a thorough mechanical review to make sure everything is tight moving smoothly but pay particular focus to these items:

1. Check if the lens is loose in the lens tube. That may be causing the wobbly lines
  2. Check that the pinion gears are properly secured to the stepper shafts. There should be no backlash when moved back and forth. Don’t rely on a simple visual check. Actively move the mechanism back and forth. Resecure any grub screws carefully if they exist on the machine
  3. Review belt tension. There should be no noticeable slack in the belt. At the same time they should not be forcibly stretched. The laser head should move smoothly and freely to all corners of the machine when then machine is off. There should be no loose movement when changing directions.

Once you’ve done a review, go through your test burns again. What is the result?

Thank you! Will try work on your suggestions tonight!

This is what started my initial search for an offset solution :woman_facepalming:t3: Wobbly lines, slanted engraving…
Uploading: IMG_4325.jpeg…

It seems the image did not finish uploading…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.