Scanning and cutting

Hello
I have a question.
When I scan an object on my scanner I get it as a PDF file. I want to cut this object. When I convert it into an SVG file with Convertio, only individual lines come out, no usable part.
How do I get it so I can cut it?

sorry, it’s not a PDF but a JGB file.

You can import PDF files directly into Lightburn, try and see if it is no better solution.

Yes, that’s possible, but then I have a picture and no cutting contour

… not to my understanding, although it is a pdf it is vectoris.
Whether you convert the external or internally should be inferior, you must assign the objects to the different layers yourself.

How do I do that?

Import, not Open?

sorry, it’s not a PDF but a JGB file.

JPG? Same rule, import it. Then you can right-click and Trace Image.

1 Like

do you mean jpg?, if so then it is a graphics format, it must be traced if you don’t want to engrave it as a picture. You can draw an offset to cut out an image afterwards.

1 Like

I had to look up the JBG file extension
In short, it is the Jbig file format which is an old, lossless format (used in faxes!).

I am surprised your scanner produces this format, and I would be even more surprised if you don’t have a setup to change the output format.
I am not surprised to see LightBurn isn’t able to import this format… It supports all common Web formats like Jpeg, PNG, Webp, etc.

If you are really stuck with this format, you can use various online converters to convert it to a format understood by LB.

1 Like

Thank you for the effort. Then, for better or worse, I have to trace it all.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.