Sculpfun CAM 500 Camera setup on Falcon 2

Hi All. I’m using a Creality Falcon 2 22w, I’ve just connected a Sculpfun CAM 500 and when I turn the Falcon on it homes as expected but then it keeps beeping and the laser module moves along the X axis in small steps and tries to keep moving when it reaches the end of it’s range. I’ve had a couple of cheap cameras previous to the CAM 500 and not had this issue. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Why would the camera change the mechanical behavior of the laser? Homing is not related to any camera…

As misken said, the odds of the camera having something to do with this is merely coincidental

More likely while installing it you bumped into something mechanical or messed with firmware

i would
$RST=* in console to set your firmware to defaults
go over the machine carefully over all belts, connectors
redo the profile

It works fine with 2 other cameras. The reason I tried the Sculpfun was viewing angle, meaning it could be mounted lower. The machine functions perfectly otherwise. I’ve been in touch with Sculpfun and sent them videos, they suspect a fault with the camera and are replacing it.

Can you show a video here? The camera is connected to LightBurn/the LB-PC and has nothing to do with the laser. The laser is a standalone device. It won’t notice which camera is connected to the host PC…

Hi the issue was with the camera. The motherboard was somehow short circuiting to the frame. It’s been swapped and all is (was fine). Just about to post another strange one though.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.