Sculpfun S10 Connection Issue

I have been using my Sculpfun S9 with Lightburn for over a year on my MacBook Pro (MacOS 12.6.1).

I’ve just got the S10 and I’m having issues connecting to it. Lightburn can see the S10 and it appears to be connected but I have no control. When I open the console window, I see continual, odd looking code coming from the laser (see images). In the laser window it shows ‘Ready’. If I right-click the ‘Devices’ button, the code stops and the laser shows ‘Disconnected’.

I can still run the S9 with no issues using the same USB cable and port on the laptop.

Any suggestions?

Looks like possibly either your baud rate is set incorrectly or you may have a corrupted firmware.

In Device Settings check that the baud rate is set to 115,200. If it already is, perhaps try changing to other rates and reconnecting to test.

If baud rate isn’t the issue then perhaps try reflashing the firmware. Note that the S10 has a different MCU from the S9 and requires a different method of flashing.

Thanks for the suggestions. Baud rate is correct. I’ve been trying to avoid firmware update until I’d heard a few other options as I’m on a Mac so I’d need to fire up the old Windows laptop (and all the joy that comes with that lol).

Is that right?

I’ve never done this but seems there are Mac and Linux tools for this:
Standard Toolchain Setup for Linux and macOS - ESP32 - — ESP-IDF Programming Guide latest documentation (espressif.com)

Sculpfun actually provide a tool for Mac but it doesn’t work lol

Thanks for the link, I’ll investigate.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.