Sculpfun S30 Mainboard, Not recognised per USB

Hello,

yesterday i was using my S30.
After i finished my Job i turned off the laser.
I moved the LAserhead by hand, its motors acted as generators and messed up my mainboard.
It doesnt show up per USB, already tried an other PC and to reflash the FW:
But it doesnt show up on PC.

Is there any way to manual reset the FlashchiP?

Short answer, no. Without USB access to the controller, there is not much you can do with the board.

May be that you do not have driver installed. Instal a driver first.

It was running before, but the driver could be corrupted. It is no cost to try.

Already tried to uninstall and install the driver’s several times.
There isn’t even the fan from the Laser head spinning when powdered.:expressionless:

Not good. re here ay lights on the controller board? You may be dealing with a power issue.

The board might be broken then. Just to be sure: you didn’t activate the emergency switch, right?
I had a support case shortly where everyone was searching for hours until they found the emergency switch activated. :slight_smile:

There is no Emergency switch installed just a jumper. When I disable the Jumper the Powerswitch doesn’t even turn on.

Ok, then you have a standard S30. Remove the mainboard cover and check which LEDs turn on when the laser is turned on.

That is going to tale some time. While we wait, tell me about the not-standard S30 emergency stop switch. Mine does not have one.

Just the indicator LED in the switch is on, nothing else.
There is a Jumper installed on the Mainboard It’s labeled EMERGENCY.
That’s where you can install an Emergency switch…

Then I suspect the power switch to be broken. The board does not get any power. There was an issue with the first batch of S30s, I think, those had many defective switches.

I don’t think so😭 even without power I should be able to flash a new FW.
It isn’t even showing up on my pc.
I Think there is a Problem with the FW.

measured the switch, it’s Ok. I Even bridged the switch. no Reaction

This was true with some of the earlier 8-bit boards. On my 3018, USB would power the controller board, and the power supply would power the laser and stepper motors.

On my S30 Pro, when the switch is off, everything is off. No PC connection.

If true, this would indicate a power supply issue.

No. Latest boards do not turn on by USB power only. Without mains supply, there is no way to access the controller.

Then the USB (CH340) chip does not get power. This chip has no changeable firmware and will work, no matter if the ESP chips is broken or not. This chip provides the COM port to the PC, not the ESP chip.

Most probably not. If the controller would be running, you would see some LEDs lighting up. Even without any firmware. Since you don’t see any LEDs, the board has no power.

It was indeed the Power switch :expressionless:.

I removed the board and measured it laying on the Table.
With the pressure of the table the switch worked and my measurements were O.K.
I even gone over the solder joints with my soldering iron.

I put it back in the Laser and it wasn’t working.

I got angry , dismounted the Mainboard and pushed with my bare finger every component on the Mainboard while connected to Power.
As I pushed sideways against the Switch the fan began to spin.

I had the feeling before that the switch isn’t working but I forgot about that.

I am curious how Sculpfun reacts, if they send me a new board?

Usually, they do. Create a short video showing the broken switch and they will senda new board. Send it to support@sculpfun.com.