Sculpfun S9 moves as it should but emits no laser

Hello folks,

so this problem just came out of nowhere.

I just connected the laser as I always do, and tried to burn a very small project.

The amber LED on top of the device is on, as always when it receives power. Also the fan is running as always.

When starting to burn the project from LightBurn, the laser head moves exactly as it should, no issues whatsoever.

However, the green LED on top that indicated the active laser beam does not come on, also the laser itself just doens’t turn on at all. All of a sudden.

I’ve now tried several restarts, reconnections, projects, different material settings. I can’t see what I might be missing. I’m not doing anything different than always and I’ve never had any issues so far.

Any ideas? I’m quite lost atm. Thanks in advance!

Did you fix the laser cable properly? If not, it tends to break. Do the 5V test to check if the cable is broken. You find a description of the test here: Guide to mechanical adjustments and maintenance

1 Like

Change the layer color and see if that helps. I had the problem once and had to reset them to default.

1 Like

Thanks guys. I have no idea why, but indeed the $30 setting, whatever that is, read 0. I never touched any of these settings and as I said I did nothing else than ever before, so this is quite confusing as to why this was changed in the first place.

Nevertheless, everything up and running again and I didn’t have to open up that module, which I really don’t want to. Thanks again!

El LED ámbar en la parte superior del dispositivo está encendido, como siempre cuando recibe energía. Además el ventilador funciona como siempre.

Al comenzar a grabar el proyecto desde LightBurn, el cabezal láser se mueve exactamente como debería, sin ningún problema.

Sin embargo, el LED verde en la parte superior que indicaba el rayo láser activo no se enciende y el láser en sí simplemente no se enciende en absoluto.

Ahora probé varios reinicios, reconexiones, proyectos y diferentes configuraciones de materiales. No puedo ver lo que podría estar perdiendo. No estoy haciendo nada diferente a lo de siempre y nunca he tenido ningún problema hasta ahora.

Intente cambiar el color de la capa, el indicaor y el punto azul del laser manda una señal en cuanto cierro ligthburn y me hace pensar que no es el cable.

If you connect the laser signal cable to the 5V port (5V-test in the guide linked above), does it fire then?

Since months it’s been working again as stated back then. It was merely a screwed up setting that has never been touched.

Non, aucune lumière (seulement la led témoin verte au-dessus du module)