Sculpfun S9 strange error

Hello.
I just purchased a Sculpfun S9 and put my first box to cut. But unfortunately it is cutting crookedly, even with everything installed according to the manual. Did anyone also have this problem and knew how to solve it?

Thank you in advance for your attention and sorry my bad english.

Go through and check anything for looseness, especially set screws on drive pullies and laser head for looseness.

2 Likes

The same thing keeps happening… now I’m afraid I’ve tightened everything too much

this is for the most part belt tensions
Try this for me and send a picture of result
Dot Test with Angle.lbrn (46.3 KB)

Definitely issue with your belts
Any chance you can take a few pictures of your belts?
as a visual guide
Belts

The head of the engraver can be loose and generate small errors in the Y-direction. You may also reduce errors generated by machine deflection by slowing down.

May I ask your commanded ‘Engrave Speed’?
Are you working in mm/minute?

I thought it might be that, so I reduced it a lot, but it didn’t solve it.

Given the flatness of your circle at TOP and bottom i suspect your Y belts are the ones that need a lot more tension

Make also sure your frame is square by moving the laser front or back, both wheels touch the end of frame at the same time?

I’ve tried 500/25

Video

Hmmm I guess its not. I’m gonna try to tight left X

Make sure both your sprokects are tight (circuled)

push the frame back, and tighten the 2 little screws on BOTH sides

After I did this…
Video 2

Resulted on this :joy::

your machine has homing correct?

Move head to center, power on machine
record its homing cycle?

I still think yoru y belts need a lot of tightening

I did another test and it got worse, so I had to loosen the right side a little, which I realized was resisting sliding.

So I recorded this:
Video 3

And the result:

Observe your video carefully, you will notice the left hand side (bottom side when watching the vide) is “lagging” behind the upper side

This means your sprocket - the metal round thing where the belt rides on - is LOOSE of the shaft
This means your left hand side of the machine is just being dragged

Notice image I highlighted a circle
the sprocket has 2 tiny screws, make sure they are firmly tight
after you push the machine al the way to the back or the front so both wheeels are touching the end (this ensure squareness)

Let me know if that made sense, if not i can explain in a dif way please!

You mean that one?