Sculpin expansion origin issues...trial 2 days in

What was the value?

Warren2, I have come up with very similar problem on my Sculpfun S-9 as you seemed to have worked on. Machine is only a week old so still not sure it’s not defective. It did work initially but now it will not set on home point 00 after attempts and also locks with gurbl alarms after it hits the rails. It also will no longer jog from the move window. Pretty much a disappointment so far. Any help appreciated.

Hi, sorry late reply…I had some time out from the laser to recover in the woods lolol…once i had finally got the navigation sorted…

Your situation sounds very odd indeed. For the move tool not to function suggests motherboard issue etc.

My issue was i assumed like a dumdass that the circuitry had Homming etc in it like almost all other lasers.

Once i finally figured that out it was really just mannually positionng the laser in the bottom left before turning on the laser and me just using one of the origin settings(absolute)…in light burn, it started to make sense.

I had NOOO experiance with lightburn at this piont aswell ,so that didnt help, although it is very 'logical to use…just time in the interface was needed from that piont.

1, What i did was: BEFORE TURNING ON MACHINE… Move the laser as far as possible to the bottom left of the laser up to the rails…you could give a 1-2mm gap if comfortable that.

this is just to have it in a artificial origin of what a homing setting would be....THEN OPEN LIGHTBURN . It should read 0.0 on the lightburn interface.
  1. Ignore the home button in the interface ( MINE DOSENT WORK either), focus on the jogging arrows.
    try to jog the laser up and to the right away from the left 0.0 corner…then back again…say 5mm increments.

2. now try to set a position in the “MOVE TO POSITION” say 20mm X and 20mm Y ,then hit the "GO " button.
    it should move to that position from your 0.0…theeeennnn…

3. Then enter 00.00 in X and Y in the move to postion’ area and hit Go’… Hopfully it should return to the 0.0 were it was positioned when you first turned on the machine.
    If it worked, turn off machine and see if you can repeat the exercise.

This is the only way i can predict were the laser will move to.

If you put the laser in the middle of the machine and turn on machine that will be 00.00.
Or if you move totally to the right bottom of machine and turn it on, that will be 00.00
if you put it at the very back and turned on the machine , that would be 0.0

Remember that from each side 0.0 of the machine you can only position/type 410mm or less from 0.0 across/side to side…there are no limit swithches so it will hit rails if it is more than a 410mm position…
Apprently there are ports for the limit switches on the board.(out of my expertise but will look into it).

This is what i have done to atleast get started, i still stuff it up sometimes, …so annoying but it s the only way so far i know.

Yours does sound like a machine fualt though, total bummer if so.

Let me know how you go.

Im back at work and will keep eye on email.

Chur and good luck.

Thank you, yep had 4 days of fun now trying to get the machine back on track. With no help from Sculfun we have narrowed it down to a chip issue and have been trying to get a correct flash that will work for the firmware. All of what you have indicated I have now been through too many times to remember (almost seeing in my sleep now). Thank you for your help will let you know if it ever gets solved.

You are fine, and I bumped your status. Should be able to upload more now. :slight_smile:

HI, so I managed to get some test cutting done like a bout 5 OF THEM on paper and card to get use to navigating laser as of a week-10 days ago.

First day back on the machine since then and it won’t be seen by the software or its just not sending a signal(broken already) lolol and won’t jog etc etc etc… Processing: Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 9.12.10 PM.png…
Uploading: Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 9.12.45 PM.png…
can some check my settings screen shots, maybe I missed something.
Assuming I can upload them as I could through out the whole last thread.

I just uploaded them to a email as this is taking way too long as per last time…

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.