SD card stock items will burn but nothing on lightburn

New user here. I am a having a hell of time trying to get my Longer ray5 5w laser to do any burn through my laptop command. I have ran the $$ command and it appears that everything is where it needs to be.

The test files will burn from the SD card inserted directly into the Ray5 but if I try to burn anything from the laptop command the laser will travel, emit a small of light but not nearly enough to burn anything.

It’s becoming pretty frustrating and I hope someone can help.

Thanks
Anthony

Questions
a) are you certain you are using GRBL controller (and not GRBL LPC or M3?)
b) Edit → device settings . Make sure Smax is 1000 - if not rechck a)
c) edit → settings. mm/min? is possible you are still in mm/sec so your machine might be trying to run VERY fast
d) Absolute coordenates in Start from?

I am almost positive that I have the right settings.

all looks pertty standard
can you send a screenshot of your design + layers showing so we can see why it might not be working?

Knowing the material will hlp too.

I am just trying to get my settings down for projects but this seems low compared to what I have others try to do on youtube

30% power is definitly low
specially for a 5W
Try this test might give you a ball park

Power test 5W.lbrn (49.4 KB)
Also will let you see if results are actually working via Lightburn

Repeating YouTube video results is iffy because there are too many variables. Unfortunately, we see that stuff and then think there is something wrong with our machine when it does not perform the same. What they do not admit is how many hours they spent and how much material was scrapped to get the perfect video.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.