Second Comgrow Camera Not activating

I have tried that many times but doesn’t work out correctly. I have a new problem I saw an old post on, I got a Comgrow camera kit and the camera will not work all the time or most of the time, Amazon sent me a new one and has the same issue, I reset to default as the post said but had it working one time only.

I’ve taken the liberty of moving your Comgrow Camera thread out of the screen size / monitor thread.

Which operating system is on the computer you are choosing to use with the Camera?
Do you have any other USB devices (or a USB hub) connected to the computer?

I got my Comgrow camera to work.

Did you follow the setup video?
Are you using the cable they provided without an extension?

Do you a black camera image on the LightBurn screen?

I am running Windows 10, did not use any extension, I do have a mouse dongal in and when I went to default setting I did get a black square. I found out later that if I unplug and replicate the camera itself several times at the small plug it will activate the camera.

I have a few things that helped me.

You can download a utility call USBTreeView

The utility is here:
https://www.uwe-sieber.de/files/UsbTreeView_x64.zip

Fabulous program for looking at USB things and shows the camera, drivers, capabilities and such from a USB perspective…

On mine I reboot the PC and run the Windows Camera app to see if it it recognized and works correctly.

You can switch cameras if you have more than one in the upper right corner with the camera with swirling arrows. This will let you see what the Lightburn software should see for comparison and it will help eliminate some Lightburn compatibility issues.

The Windows Camera app has a gear on the upper left corner that will let you try settings and see how stable the camera itself is and shows what the Camera windows device support appears to be.

This is the early definitive doc:

More recently some ‘Power Saving’ systems were added to cut power to USB powered devices on Windows 10.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-settings-in-power-plan-options-on-windows-10/38753b89-65d0-49c1-8f91-2bb50f9b19a0

I had to stumble through to find it.

Windows and the X,
Power & Sleep
Related Settings - Additional power settings
Change Advanced Power Settings
Then the Power Options window appears.
Select USB Settings
USB Selective Suspend Setting
Disable it as needed.

Let me know if any of this helps or if you find another way through.

I do have my Anti virus giving permission for camera, Lightburn is not on the list of apps but does show that is does not need permission, I tried the USB tree utility and shows the camera is connected, the rest of the info is garble to me. I did go into power mode and dis-able the suspend setting but still does not show camera, just the black square, I have gotten the camera to work by plugging it in and out several times like I previously stated.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.