Seeking Advice on Creating a Laser Cutting Log with RDC6442S-B (EC) and LightBurn

Hello, laser-cutting enthusiasts!

I’m reaching out for some guidance on creating a comprehensive log or history of laser cutting activities using an RDC6442S-B (EC) controller and LighyBurn software. Currently, we’re manually recording the details on paper or typing them into the computer, which is not only cumbersome but also prone to inaccuracies.

Here are some specifics about our setup:

1. Current Recording Method: We jot down or type the cutting details, but it’s not efficient or precise.
  2. LighyBurn Software: I couldn’t find any built-in features for logging within LighyBurn.
  3. Open to Solutions: I’m open to any suggestions or solutions that would allow us to differentiate between various cutting jobs within a day.
  4. USB and Network Connectivity: Some cuts are initiated via USB cable, and others through the network. Are there any challenges or considerations for monitoring these two communication methods?
  5. Desired Log Information: Ideally, we’d like the log to include an image or representation of the cut, along with the date, time, and duration of the cut.
  6. Format Flexibility: We are open to any format for recording the complete data of each cut.

If anyone has experience or insights into setting up a more efficient and accurate logging system for laser cutting activities, especially with the RDC6442S-B (EC) controller and LighyBurn software, your input would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

While it’s not fully satisfying your wish list, this looks to be a start at least: Logging Laser Usage - #2 by adammhaile