Selecting a language

Hi. I watch the videos that one could choose the Norwegean language in a previous version. I’m trying to switch to Danish on the latest version, but it doesn’t work. Is it possible to have Norwegan or Danish language added into the program?

Why doesn’t it work?

Danish language. Norweginan is not in the list on my program. I am using version 0.9.09

That’s odd. Are you on Windows 10?

Yes, there are only 15 languages on my list and 20 on the that you have. I wish I had Norwegian on my own when. I choose Danish so nothing happens.

Strange indeed. The text doesn’t change for me when I select Norwegian, and the language file is mostly empty. I’m sure a more knowledgeable person will chime in here eventually. Likely it’s not translated yet.

Hope someone can fix it. Norwegian is not a choice for me. It does not exist on my program. Otherwise I am well pleased with Lightburn :slight_smile:

Up to this point, translation has been mostly done by volunteers, and some of them sign up for it, then vanish when they realize how much work it is, or just get busy, and only contribute once.

As of the next release, translation will be done by a professional company, but it’s quite expensive, so initially we won’t have the full suite, but I’ll be adding more languages over time.

The current languages will be:
Chinese, Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish (Latin America), Spanish (Spain), Swedish, Dutch (Netherlands)

1 Like

Ok. Swedish works out good for me :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.