Serial Number / Sequential numbering

This could work - I could have it override the layer values being displayed. I’ll have to make sure I can do this cleanly, but I think it’s feasible. There would also need to be L=I00, I01, etc. Image settings are ‘shadowed’ over the cut/fill layers, so if you were doing image tests, you’d want a way to show those.

I’ll think about it a bit.

I am putting a serial number in one line - “Serial No: 0ddd052020”, which should be giving me 099052020, then adding one increment on send. The problem I am having now is that it is dropping the zero at the end, giving me 09905202.

I have just found that if I press spacebar after the number, leaving a blank character after 2020, the zero at the end is visible. For some reason it is dropping the last character. I’m running 0.9.11 at the moment.

Any text that you want treated literally should be enclosed in a single quote, otherwise the system interprets the extra zero as part of the formatting (denoting leading zeros).

Make your text like this: Serial No: 0ddd’052020’

Similarly, if your prefix string was: Industrial ID: 0ddd
The ‘d’ in ‘industrial’ would confuse the number replacement code, so you’d have to quote that too.

The single quotes will be removed in the final result.

Ahh, gotcha, thanks. I’ll try that.