Serious as about helping with a training video error message

I am with the Decatur Maker Space in Decatur, (Atlanta) GA. We are on a campaign to make training videos. I sent this to LB support, but maybe you guys have some downtime and can help. (I am going to try and stack the controller, but if someone as the ability to do this after and make a video screenshot, let me know)

The flagship video I am producing is how to delete files from Thunder Ruida controller when it gets to 99 files stored in memory. It is very hard to get to this error message because 99 files have to be stacked into the controller. This doesn’t always happen because some members are diligent about deleting files when they end their laser session. This is also something that trips up new users and they get stuck. We are open 24/7 and some people get stuck in the middle of the night with no way of finding help.

A video screen capture would be awesome of someone sending a file and getting the error message that FILE TRANSFER FAILED, “files need to be deleted”. Can anyone do something like that?

I am shooting in 4K 30fps.

Is there a particular reason you aren’t getting this video clip yourself? I’m doubtful someone will spend their own time to complete your project. Good luck though!

Alternatively, could you train the users to use the Start button instead of Send so that the problem never arises?

I don’t think it takes 99 files… it only has to have it’s memory filled up to bog it down or make it act weird. 99 is probably the max number of file names it can handle. Do a few engravings using grayscale and see what happens… this mode generates lots of Ruida code…

You are making the assumption that Lightburn actually knows what caused the file transfer failure.

Using Lightburn for a few years has shown me they give you as much information as possible when an error occurs. Therefore I have to conclude Lightburn only knows it has failed and nothing else … such as why.

Good luck with your videos :crossed_fingers:

:smile_cat:

Thanks I will try that. I just need to show that error screen. We can’t let newbies move around in the software and make changes. I know you can delete files from LB. We are doing it via the controller, to keep things unbroken as possible. I will try to stack it up with heavy files. If not, I will just screen shot it and build a dialogue box. I was just hoping to get. We have people get it all the time.

Are these what you are looking for?

:smile_cat:

Yes. But this is crazy. Our machine is used by so many people that it has quirks. I was able to max out the memory with big files, but it wouldn’t give me the error message. Sometimes restarting the machine and or the computer fixes a lot of. problems. Again, we wear it out. I am going to Photoshop a dialogue box. I know it will happen again, becasue we get complaints from people that don’t know how to do a google search of the error and get videos from YouTube that rectify a lot of errors.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.