Settings help for JPT 50W

Hi there,

I have a JPT 50W Fiber Laser and wondered if any one had any good settings for leather, please?

I’m looking to engrave some leather gloves.

Thanks

I have an M60 from Cloud Ray…

As a general rule, fiber lasers are for non-natural materials. Leather works best with other types of lasers…

Having stated the standard… you can actually lase lots of items that are natural by varying the engraving values. This is a Russ Sadler video on a fiber doing what it’s not supposed to do.

I suggest this video by the Laser Everything group.

They have a great bunch of video for most lasers. For about $8 month US, they have a masters site where they have these libraries for you to use as a starting point.

I used it for a few months, but the hosting site software was so bad, I dropped by subscription to it. Couldn’t cut/past or put a photo where you wanted it. Except for the site software, they are a great group.

Many of their videos are free and I heard they were going to open up the setting or material libraries to all

There are really a lot of videos on Youtube also.

I haven’t tried leather, but I don’t know what it’s burning… I, like a dummy, got my hand under the fiber… a slight warming was all… the co2 would have really burn me… don’t work when tired. :crazy_face:

Another good video by Laser Everything is their video on photo engraving. I advise it to any laser user as it’s technique, done on a fiber, can be used for any laser with any material. This is the best video for determination of interval.

Good luck…

:smile_cat:

Thank you very much!!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.