Shape properties for resizing

Hello, New Guy to all things Lightburn and anything related to lasers. I’m trying to change a design from 4mm to 3mm ply.
I have tried to use Shape properties, but I don’t know what it does.
I have used the % on the menu bar. I can see the objects getting smaller, but the numbers go right back to 100% once I change them. The design stays resized, but I don’t know what I did. I’m trying to sneak up on a nice fit and so I’d like to do several %'s but there is no record of what I did ( unless I write it down).
What is the easiest way to resize a design. Shape properties doesn’t seem to do anything. I don’t know what “lock” does either.
Thanks for your help.

RP

Going from 4mm to 3mm ply is scaling by 75%. (3mm is 75% of 4mm). Type 75 in the scale boxes and you’re done.

Shape properties shows you any special properties on the shapes you have selected. Lock is to prevent you from moving or sizing something.

You might also look into using the ‘Kerf offset’ setting. This allows for small adjustments to the cut to help with fitting things together. Think inlay work. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.