Short time listener, first time caller

Hi JK,

I am not complicating my process. I am learning other programs for various reasons. I just didn’t know how simple and easy LightBurn is (in a great way!).

The forum has been a godsend so far, and yes, I was simply overwhelmed that it could be so easy. I have found workarounds for just about everything I need, I just wish they’d make design software for non laser! It would would be a HUGE ehlp in my small biz.

Thanks for the reply.

I use a 3d printer and a little cnc machine to make PCBs. One program for design, different one to generate the tool paths and another one to load and control the device. If it’s a PCB it’s one set of three programs, for the CNC it’s a different set of three programs.

Don’t really know what you mean by ‘design software for non laser’. There’s tons of design software for devices other than lasers. Again, you ‘assume’ I know what you want to ‘design’ for, that is ‘non laser.’

If one program does everything to complete a workflow and you have ‘various reasons’ for doing it via a different program/workflow, then ‘by design’ you are complicating the process. Also the “various reasons” were not revealed to us, it’s hard to read your mind and give you a good answer without the insight of the ‘various reasons’ of why you’re manipulating the data the way you are.

Once you leave the applications native file storage format (like by exporting the file,) you’ve lost some of the applications data. That’s the point it goes beyond the scope of that applications support team.

You can always ask, but most of us prefer to use the KISS process.

I’m glad you realized how powerful Lightburn is and how simple it can make dealing with a laser device.

Good luck with your projects, take care. Don’t forget to post some of your work for us to see… (8’)

If you read everything above, you’ll see I am learning other programs that do different things that I need. One is for brochure design, one is for logo design the other is for video editing and learning LightBurn for burning. At no point did I ever allude that my workflow consisted of all the programs I am learning to laser engrave. As a small business I wear all the hats as well as handle the clientele. All of the other programs are super hard learning curve and lightburn is by far the easiest. It’s just not always instinctive as it’s well, new.

I take the position that when I learn a program, where else can I use that investment? Lightburn can be used for simple bar graphs by just building them. Could be used in a brochure or in a video you don’t have to use it’s graphics for lasers only.

Color is difficult with lightburn… So when this started and I’ve re-read your problem, I still don’t understand the workflow and what the end product was. I think my confusion started when you asked how to save the cut settings. Hopefully you know enough now to understand the confusion there.

Sometimes it’s a good idea to limit questions to single subjects. If you put in multiple questions, it elicits many responses across all of your questions and that can obfuscate the issue.

Anyway my new 50 watt animal is supposed to arrive on Monday so I’m getting things ready. Take care enjoy yourself. In my half century of computers, Lightburn is the most intuitive I think I’ve ever used. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.