Should I enable Passthrough whilst engraving these or No?

Hi
I am looking to engrave a photo of a friends dog onto both wood and acrylic. the wood, will be in a heart shape and lightly stained and varnished, and the acrylic is to do an led light.

I have heard so much about enabling and disabling passthrough - my head is a mush - what are your thoughts please?

Also, if you have any suggestions to improve my intended files , please feel free to say… I just put the photo into image-r

it is saying that the size currently is 666px width 375px height and 72dpi

I have an 80W C02, which Im loving using and learning

thank you for any help, advice, support, as always
Terry received_811723966363273_2_-removebg-preview5033-2
received_811723966363273_2_-removebg-preview5033
received_811723966363273_2_-removebg-preview

Pass-Through

This prevents the image from being resampled internally at all and disables the normal image modes described below. Line interval / DPI will be directly tied to the size of the image. This is best used for images that have been pre-processed for laser engraving outside of LightBurn. - https://lightburnsoftware.github.io/NewDocs/CutSettings-Image.html

This is worth review. You can adjust the image within LightBurn, so there is no need for external photo editing. - Redirecting...

1 Like

oh wow Rick - thanks a lot, I will have a look …much appreciated

1 Like

I have a file with 0.1mm dots. It’s used for testing resolution and was a Sadler creation.

dotSize.lbrn2

It is run with ‘pass-through’ enabled. Run it with and without, see the difference… :slight_smile:

It’s very small, use the ‘zoom to frame selection’ option in the tool bar next to the camera to see it.

You will have a difference as the acrylic will be more consistent than wood, being a natural product.
Probably be able to produce a finer engraving on the acrylic also. The wood grain all ‘burns’ different.

The speed I’m running might be a little high for your machine, so check that.

:smiley_cat:

1 Like

thank you Jack, thats very kind of you. I forgot to mention last time, yes, I eventually got my laser, and am so happy with it, am loving it. its a 80w CO2 300x500

Mine is a 50 watt China Blue, but it has had some modifications to it. It’s actually 508 x 344, last time I checked… :slight_smile:

I’m glad you finally got the machine and are having a good time with it. In the end, that’s all that really matters.

Good luck

:smiley_cat:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.