Simple engraving on cheap doorskin with some finish work

Bought a couple of sheets of 2.7mm “utility plywood” at Home Depot today to practice on, and had some great results :slight_smile:

My first engraving, weathered finish and stuffed into a cheap 5x7 Dollar Store frame using garbage practice plywood.

1 Like

My dad would LOVE that! We’re a huge 2A family…

It’s nice that you could use this (cheap) material and it has a wonderful old-fashioned wooden look.
Unfortunately, the thinnest plywood in our hardware stores starts at 6mm and is filled with glue pockets / largely useless for laser work.

Firearms don’t play a big role here in northern Europe, I actually only know 2 approved hunters/forest guards who have guns. In return, we also have (almost) no police and those who are in the cities go home at 4 in the afternoon :wink: Unfortunately, we have approx. one murder case per year, but none in 2021. (half a million people live on our island) So we manage reasonably well with stone axes. :wink:

1 Like

Completely different history and culture. Surprised you turned this posting into a political statement.

oops…there are no political opinions associated with my post, I totally don’t care.
If you feel offended, I sincerely apologize.

1 Like

Not at all! I believe in the Second Amendment, but do not believe everyone is entitled to a device that can eject a projectile. We are not as far apart as you might think.

Loved the info on your location.!! It would be nice if we all could live in a place like that. Me? I live about 20 minutes from Clearwater Beach and an hour from Disney World. I live in the Land of Perpetual Vacation. :rofl: