Skipping steppers

We’ve made it even easier than that, hiding this link where no one will ever think look for it :slight_smile: :

Hi mate.
I put that bin file on my card and changed the setting in light burn but I’m still getting the gigging movement, I’ve tightened belts the loosened them again so I’m not sure what the problem is, someone mentioned the seek rate and that the default of 24000 is too hight and they suggested I change that to 9000 so I did that too.
I really don’t know what’s up with the machine and any help would be appreciated.
Sorry to by you.
Tia
Paul.

If your machine is skipping when cutting or vector marking then it’s not the firmware - I thought you were engraving an image.

For skipping when cutting, you’ll need to change:

• Acceleration: drop this down about 20% from wherever it is now (so, if it’s 2000, make it 1600)
  • Motor current: Look for Alpha Current and Beta Current in the config file. What are they set at now? You might need to increase the Y axis current a bit (Beta Current)
1 Like

Hi mate.
Thanks for getting back to me.
I’ve changed the settings you mentioned and I’m just about to test so I will let you know how it goes of that’s cool.
Thanks for all your help mate it’s really appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.