Slanted text when engraving on Omtech 80w laser with Ruida Controller

While testing engraved text vs outline text for an upcoming project, engraved text comes out slightly slanted. x and y axis are zero, speed 150. The picture attached shows the bottom line Reagan 10 is and outline of the text and the Reagan 10 above is engraved. The “A” and “N” on the upper line

are noticeably slanted. Any thoughts on how to achieve engraved text results similar to “outline” text in this picture?

I can’t quite tell from the picture but you may be experiencing the common Ruida skewed engraving issue. See here for more information and remedy:
Configuring A Ruida - LightBurn Software Documentation

Thank you. I did see this page earlier but it looks pretty convoluted. I will to follow it.

Don’t let all the text mislead you. It comes down to this:

In Edit > Machine Settings, look in the X & Y axis motor settings section at the bottom, and look for the value of ‘PWM Rising Edge Valid’ on the X axis. Change that - if’s it’s checked, un-check it, or vice versa. Then, copy the new setting over to the Y axis as well.

Also, suggest you take a backup of your settings before making any. I think LightBurn actually auto-saves these but good to have an explicit backup.

Thank you. I will try this.

Easy fix and no more slanted letters. Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.