Slate engraving for the very first time

After reading many good posts here in the LightBurn forum about slate engraving, I have tried it myself, for the very first time. I have collected this slate tile from a dilapidated house which is at least 300 years old. It was used to protect the woodwork from snow and rain. I only have one and this one I turned into a gift.
I worked with 1600mm / min and 4-5 mA, cross-hatch 0.5mm, 45 degrees fill + line and with 2 passes. The slate has got (my own) beeswax before I engraved.

Without the overall experience from the forum regarding this topic, I would not have been able to complete the task without testing first, thank you. (… I do not have slates to test with either :wink:)

5 Likes

…the question of what cross-hatch can be used for, we have had recently, - this here I think is a really nice self-explanation.

2 Likes

Agree. Nice job! You should share in that post if you haven’t already. :slight_smile:

Rick, thank you.
The Cross-hatch image is only a magnification of a section from the first image. I was just so impressed again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do it. :slight_smile: Post that zoomed view in that other post. It really shows off the benefit of patterned / cross-hatched fills. Nice job.

1 Like

Nice, i’m sure more slates will be blown off soon :grin: :+1:

1 Like

Hi bernd,
this is very impressive. Excellent job.