$$
echo:Unknown command: “$$”
ok

Command: ?
reply:
?
echo:Unknown command: “?”
ok

The Artisan is likely still using Marlin and not GRBL, so the $ commands will not work. Would you mind uploading the .nc file? Click the Save GCode button, then zip and attach the file.

1 Like

Hello I have problems to set my Artisan up properly with Lightburn.
I can´t find any guides for the Artisan.
It seems that i can connect with the machine but cant control any of the settings.I can generate an .nc file and transfer it per usb stick. But then is my problem that the only the x and z axes move but not the table.

I tried to connect my Snapmaker with Lightburn but I guess with wrong settings. Moving works fine but the laser is not turning on … whatever I tried. @kurz.reini would it be possible that you send me an export of your settings? No idea where I could search to find the issue. Thankfull for any hint or advice.

1 Like

Hi Dirk, I had the very same problem. What did the trick for ma was to adjust my device configuration. Under “Devices” I had to adjust the controller from “Marlin” to “SnapMaker”.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

What code does the artisan use mine using the $ will not work as well

With the recent updates to the firmware, it seems Marlin would be the best choice for device type now.

Only thing that works is grbl-m3 other will not connect

My coordinates are way off run frame with absolute coordinates it moves back right corner
Anybody know what is going on