Software capabilities

I have the C02 150w laguna model . With the lightburn software, is it possible to engrave a photo that I download into the program? For instance if I scan artwork (black and white) or a customer sends me a photo, can i engrave that?

Yes to both, though it’s worth noting that photo engraving is a bit of a black art. You will need practice to get good results - there are settings in LightBurn to improve contrast, brightness, and edge details that will help, but you’ll need to play with other settings like power, speed, and DPI to get a good starting point.

Is there a tutorial for that?:rofl::sob:

There are a few, but not one of ours directly. The issue I have with doing a tutorial for it is that machines are very different, and we support everything from 3 watt diode lasers to systems like yours, and the way you prep images for them would be quite different.

The settings will also vary with the material being used. Anodized aluminum and slate do not “char” from heat like wood does, so the dot size on those materials is very constant (and small), whereas wood actually burns, and the dots can “bloom” as heat is applied for longer.

Start with this:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.