Software purchased, no licence

Good afternoon

I purchased your software at 12.03 pm today, the payment - via Paypal - has gone through and on my account it states that the order has gone through. However

I have not received a Licence Key. I have of course checked all my emails in all folders. I would be grateful if this key could be sent to me as a matter of

urgency, as I am trying to work on a project and cannot proceed without this key.

Not a good start.

sorry Karen not an answer for you but I have the same problem. status shows paid but still no key or email. as you say not a very impressive start!

Ron.

Karen, Ron,
The email subject line will only say Order 987654 (not real number) and look like spam mail. It will contain this text:

"Thanks for ordering from us. This email confirms your order of the following items:

LightBurn Software - GCode License Key x 1

Your Order ID is XXXXXX and your payment has now cleared. A receipt has been emailed to you separately."

1. Has your payment cleared?
  2. Did you delete it by accident thinking it was spam mail?
  3. Did you purchase from an authorized vendor?

I am pretty sure Lightburn staff will check on this when they see these messages. My email also contained a Gcode License Key, but I don’t remember having to enter it anywhere. Open LB and click on Edit, License Management and see what it says.

Well at least I need not take personally! Dare I ask how long you have been waiting or will I need a box of tissues?

HaHaHa! I don’t remember for sure, but it was within a day I think. If you paid during weekend hours (5pm Fri to 8am Sat their time), it may take longer.

Did you check the License Management window?

Thanks MikeyH, that’s the email I haven’t got, just a thanks for purchase and that the email with the licence key will be sent separately. Still waiting!
The payment has cleared (via Paypal), I bought from Lightburn website, and checked, re checked and once again for luck all my emails/deleted emails. I have to enter it because I was using the trial software until it ran out today and that is blocking the layout. My account says it is fulfilled, but will check on what you suggest. Thanks

thanks for the replies. mine showed PAID (visa) but there was was no key. It now shows Ive made no purchaces. This does not fill me with confidece, weekend or not. I have contacted customer support and will now wait for a reply,

Ron,

I guess there might be an issue with payment processing, although I have never had an issue with PayPal until I got a new credit card number. Lightburn has a TON of information. The below link has some detail about the license:

If this is not resolved by Monday afternoon, get the Kleenex out!

Thanks Ron and Mike, I too have written to customer support letting them know that I am a rabbit of negative euphoria (not a happy bunny) and hope I get a key asap. (I also have a box of Kleenex to hand)! I shall in the meantime keep everything crossed - which, for a woman of my age, is undignified, if not downright dangerous!

Sorted this morning very quickly. Of course it was my fault,a typo in my email address.
So yes now I’m impressed. Customer service 1 boggy 0.

1 Like

I have the same problem. status shows paid but still no key or email. as you say not a very impressive start!

Karen and Ron both had an error in the email address provided to Lightburn. Maybe that is what happened to you. Send an email to Support@Lightburn.com so they can get your correct email address. Be sure to include your order information.

1 Like

@KROB115, @boggy, @gotoroger I’ll look into this.

This is the most common cause for key delivery delays posted on the forum.

Sometimes the ball gets dropped in the automation at our end but the most recent version has been incredibly stable and robust.

Karen, Our support staff emailed you your key twice, Sunday afternoon and Monday morning. Your key appears to have been sent June 10 by automation - I don’t see a send/failure message and none of our staff have reassigned your email address.

• Please do check your junk/spam folder. I have also e-mailed you from the support desk. Let us know if these are getting through.

I see that you haven’t activated your license yet. When you have your email open, and LightBurn open, please copy the key from the email and paste it into the License Key box in LightBurn.

In LightBurn click ‘Help’ in the top row, click ‘License Management’ and paste the key from your email into the box that says License Key.

Ron, I see the email typo correction in our system about 16 hours ago and You’re up and running on one of your two activations.

Roger, I see the typo in the email address. I’ll correct it right now.

• Email sent.

If anyone is still struggling with their key or getting a computer activated, i’ll be around for another 8 hours or so today. I’ve also set this thread for direct notification. Let me know if you need anything else.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.