Software ( where my update )

I just updated to the current version of LB , which was just a few days over my 1 year subscription , got through the payment part and Licence management says I have 423 days left in subscription , but the new version is not coming up when I launch LB. tried restart ( MacBook Pro ) , still no new version , what am I missing ???

Did you install this new version? If you double-click the DMG file that was downloaded, you will be asked if you want to replace the current version. Have you been through this process?

This is also worth review, Installation & Setup - LightBurn Software Documentation :slight_smile:

I went into Finder found the new version in downloads , dmg , double clicked on it opened a screen with the lightburn logo and applications folder , do I have to drag it to the Applications folder ?

Yes. We have installation instructions you can follow:
https://lightburnsoftware.github.io/NewDocs/Installation.html#macos-installation

ok let me try this , thank you

Yes, follow the instructions I provided above, and now again from Oz directly.

cannot open apple cannot tell if its malicious software , contact developer

Found it , apparently you are not a notarized developer and I had to authorize to open anyways in my privacy settings, I will try running the laser in the morning to see if all is well , did you publish a list of changes with the new software I can review ?

All releases are documented on the news / blog page here:

1 Like

Correct. We identify that in the first sentence of the documentation link we have provided. :slight_smile:

MacOS Installation

Installing on the Mac is simple, but requires you tell MacOS that you trust us. LightBurn is digitally signed, but Apple has added a new process called ‘Notarization’ that we have not completed yet.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.