SOLVED: Fresh OS load, fresh LB install but get "system time has been tampered with" Linux 18.04.3

Running Lubuntu 18.04.3 and see the time is correct yet after downloading Lightburn, installing the “.run” version it will not run the trial version and gives me a dialog( see attached screen capture )?

Looking for ideas on how to work around this or eliminate it. Thx

Solution: this computer had a license key already allocated so using that instead of trying to get a Trial License was the solution.

It says, “The trial has expired OR …”

If you ever ran the trial on that computer system, that’s more likely what’s happening. If you haven’t, go to the time properties and turn on (or cycle) ‘Set time automatically’. If the time isn’t within some allowable threshold of standard internet time it won’t run.

Indeed, seemed it was “close” but after installing ntp and running it now I get that my trial had expired… I have run Lightburn on this computer hardware but NOT this particular booted OS so I could see it saying my license may have expired but it states the “Trial” has expired. I believe my actual license may have expired this month but just want to run a test and figured the trail would be good enough.

Did you try to enter your License key again?

I have not @Rick but I tried to find my text file with the license key but could not find it.
I’m guessing that the license system is somehow based on cpu hardware ID since I have run the same ISO file from a virtual machine and Lightburn would run in trail mode just fine but not when run directly on the same direct hardware I have Ubuntu installed on hard disk but I’ve booted from stock ubuntu ISO files.

I’m trying to run from a bootable thumbdrive( Lubuntu 18.04.3 ) because sometimes I test to isolate my main computer installation from getting messed up. And other times I have a slew of tools made into a custom bootable ISO and thought if Lightburn was on there it would be valuable to others. ie thumbdrive bootable system with Gimp, Inkscape, Lightburn, CNCjs, Kiri:Moto etc all pre-installed and not required to install on hard disk… which will run on computers without touching Windows, MacOS, etc.

The license is tied to a “digital fingerprint” of the PC that includes the OS, hardware configuration, machine name, mac address, and a bunch more. Running the software inside a VM or a different partition on the same hardware will produce a different key, so it’s counted as a different seat.

It looks like you used a @yahoo email address when you first ordered and the key is under that address. Send a request to support at lightburnsoftware dot com and I can forward it again if you don’t find it on your side.

@Rick something is up then because I have been trying to boot the laptop from a bootable ISO. I figured out I have to install 2 things( libssl1.0-dev and ntp ) to get past the basic Lightburn checks but it still thinks it’s already run a trail software period… So enough is the same as when run from the OS(kubuntu 18.04.3) off the hard disk it appears.

That was it Rick, ie when a machine already has a license key assigned, use it instead of trying to get a trial license. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.