Spacing like objects?

Is there a way of spacing like objects without using an array?


I want to space the slots evenly across the above sample.

Main Toolbar.

Arrange Top Toolbar

..more precisely :wink:

I was just looking at your first reply and thinking I will have to try them one by one to see which works best. I was thinking I was going to get Bernd on this one. Get it, Bernd, Burned… :zany_face: Just kidding.

Thanks for the assist.

If you care deeply about the exact spacing, then you really want an array, because the Distribute equally tools can produce unexpected results:

To wit:

The Distribute tools take an average of the current spacing between the edges or centers of your selected objects and move them to equalize that distance.

Thank you for this information. I am deeply grateful for this site. :vulcan_salute:

And when you care deeply enough to use an array, you can then use various Snap alignments to put the resulting group of slots at, say, the center of the outer shape.