Split image rotary axis (help)

Guys, I use a 175 lens, with this lens I can record a maximum of 3.8cm without having defects on the edges. I have clients who like larger artwork and engraving line by line on the axis takes a long time. I found a way to do it faster, where I ungroup the image so the axis records everything that is smaller than 3.8cm without having to move the axis line by line, it records at once. I’m having difficulty engraving a circle, e.g. a circle with a size of 6 cm, my lens doesn’t record it because it only manages 3.8 cm, so I go to the axis and ask for the divided size to be 3cm, the lightburn then breaks the 6cm in two movements only recording half in one pass and the other half in the other pass. He does it perfectly, however a line is added in the middle of the recording, as if it were two divided parts, it doesn’t look good. I believe that this part can be improved by systems analysts to help us on a daily basis!!! I’m from Brazil, if you want to make contact we can make an appointment and I’ll present the idea for improvement

Hello Lucas
I have done some experimenting with this, you are on the right path. What I did to overcome the larger shapes was to put them on a separate layer and ran those with the run whole shapes turned off and set splits to your 30mm. Downside it takes 2 passes with the rotary. I never did go any farther, it would be perfect if LB allowed different rotary settings on different layers.
I like your idea better.
What looks like in your last photo though is the cup slipped a little bit. There is a rotary screen that has acceleration, maybe slow it down a little bit. Is this a chuck or a roller rotary?

With a rotary, you should avoid movements around the rotary axis as much as possible. Therefore, using 90 degree scan angle is very bad if you have the rotary connected to the y-axis. Always scan along the object. Then the laser head will move a lot, but the object will only be turned a tiny bit at the end of each line. This avoids slipping.
Some tips: Rotary roller - Diode Laser Wiki

What do you mean?

An F160mm lens has 110x110mm coverage… Longer lens should have more coverage.

I don’t know what you did to the artwork and I don’t follow your explanation of what you did…

But I’d suggest, if you’re rotary is in the Y direction, that you set our scan angle to zero as @misken mentioned. Disable crosshatch… This just complicates what you’re doing

How did you come up with 0.03mm interval?

I run these on my fiber at 0.0254mm interval and get good results with no crosshatch. The rotaries split size is set to a multiple of the interval. I rarely use anything over the 100 times the split size, or limit it at 2.54mm but more commonly use a 10 times value of 0.254mm.

The split size will effect the job time. Compared to the galvo, it takes forever to rotate that mug. Compare the acceleration values of the galvo with the rotary.

With this simple of a piece of art, I’d expect to do it in a single pass.

Good luck

:smile_cat:

I assumed that was where his focus ran out or lost effectiveness.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.