Squirrel feeding place

5 mm plywood and 5 mm acrylic, it is of course made in LightBurn :wink:

4 Likes

Very nice…

Look like you need a study cable to hold out against the squirrels. :crazy_face:

:smile_cat:

no no, it’s just camouflage :laughing:

Good idea. :+1:

i would build a small fence so the food wont roll down when the squirrels come …

I was also a little apprehensive about that at first, but now I have been able to observe the lovely animals and they have emptied the container several times - without problems. It looks very cute when only their bushy tails hang outside.

Hey Bernd,

nice design! :slight_smile:
how do you protect it from the forces of nature? (wind, rain and snow?)

did you cover it with a few layers of laquer of some sort?

Yes, I varnished the house, but not particularly thoroughly. It was only intended as an experiment, inspired by some YT videos. I did not expect that the feed site would become so popular. There is a family of dark brown squirrels living in the tree right next to this tree. In DK we have dark brown squirrels and gradually many reddish brown ones, which are considered inversive species. I always thought that it was only old men and children who enjoyed themselves with squirrels and birds…(…mmmm, am I childishly old?) :laughing:

1 Like

Never too old to be young Bernd!

You’ll have to post a photo when you get the water plumbed and the electrical in and it’s move in ready… :rofl:

:smile_cat: